DOELL Konservierung Restaurierung - fine art conservation studio
was founded in 2002 by academic conservator Markus Döll. Today our team consists of Markus Döll and academic artist Eva Urbank. On a project-oriented basis additional experts will work under our management so our team can be optimally adapted to client´s requirements.
In accordance with E.C.C.O. Professional Guidelines http://www.ecco-eu.org/documents/ we carry out ethical, museum-quality examination, conservation, restoration and research, on sculptures, paintings, contemporary art, interior decoration and furniture. Furthermore we provide consulting advice and perform conservation services for private and public collections and exhibitions.
More than 25 years of professional experience also includes a four-year teaching position in objects conservation at Academy of Fine Arts - Vienna. This ensures an exceptional working standard for our valued clients. Having both: long-time viewing experience and application expertise, our dealings with ageing processes and various phenomena of changes on artworks are allways based on careful consideration. We are internationally linked with art scientists. Our concepts and interventions taking into account latest research results.
Since we solely work with irreplacable originals a high degree of mutual confidence between our customers and us is required.
Over the years we managed to built up a solid client base with satisfied customers. Long-term partnerships are our objective.
Our studio is climatically controlled, well secured and art-insured as well as transports with our van. We regularly deal with high insured artworks.
- loss prevention and devising appropriate strategies
- conservation of "integrity": making affected but still inherent physical and non-physical properties of an object clearer and more visible
- consulting based on conservational, artistic and aesthetic aspects
business services in detail
- visual measures of examination: microscopic, macroscopic, VIS, UV
- practical conservation and restoration interventions
- mobile "first aid" service art-ambulance
- creating expert opinions in case of art damage claims
- development of art conservation concepts
- cost calculation, preparation of texts for the invitation of tender
- written and photographic documentation
- conservation services for collections and exhibitions
- preparation of condition reports for ingoing and outgoing - art loans
- measurement and monitoring of indoor climate
- cleaning measurements on high sensitive surfaces
- elimination of mold on single objects or complete collections under full personal protection and special precautions
- mounting of art objects
- providing direct contact to conservators specialized in different areas
- polychromed sculptures
- painted media on wooden or canvas supports
- 20. century and contemporary object art
- historic interior based on wood
- furniture with refined surfaces: f.e. varnish, marquetry
- ethnographic objects
We maintain close relationships with analytical laboratories and universities and we continuously invest in own professional training.
As a result of efficient networking we are able to establish specialized working teams with academic conservators, craftsmen, artists or other external coworkers under our management. Therefore we are also capable of handling major projects.
Our studio is a recognized location for a voluntary social year in monument conservation that is realized in cooperation with Jugendbauhütte Marburg (masons' lodges for young people). We supervise one-year placement trainees. This trainee finds acceptance as study preparation for academies and universities of conservation. Jugendbauhütte Hessen-Marburg is a project of Deutsche Stiftung Denkmalschutz run by ijgd. http://www.ijgd.de